Friday, February 18, 2011

Today dd 18/02/2011

I received 8 packs of seeds from Diana of Kebun Malay-Kadazan girls yesterday, together with a 2-sheet instructions on how to grow them, so lovely. Thank you very much, Diana!

My Evening Sun sunflowers have just started to bloom yesterday. The stalks have grown taller than me and the leaves are bigger than my palm now.

One of the orchid babies that i planted 2 years ago (given by my gardening kaki Uncle Lam) has grown up and blooming for her first time. I'm so excited!

And today's harvest... i finally have some harvest to show, not bad huh? Haha.

Enjoy your weekends in the garden, while i have to go back to the office to consolidate and close the accounts to prepare for tax submission, will be busy... ta-ta!


12 comments:

One said...

Congratulations for receiving more seeds from Diana. I see that you have mammoth sunflower. That's interesting. Looking forward to see its size when it flowers. Congrats on all those beautiful blooms too.

fer said...

I also got some seeds from diana! It is so nice of her isn't? I am sure they will grow well in your garden.
Also, that harvest looks so tasty.

Chloe m said...

Yeah! I think receiving seeds from friends is the best gift ever!
Good luck with taxes.

Terriea Kwong said...

A colorful HARVEST ! A seed is a seed. When you put into soil and grow with love and heart they're thriving. Such thoughtful gifts from your friend. Thanks Milka's sweet comments on my ceramics.

Sunray Gardens said...

Great photos and good luck with your new seeds.

Cher
Goldenray Yorkies

p3chandan said...

Good for you Milka! Your sungflowers look wonderful, havent sown mine yet, got to look for suitable place with full sun to grow them. Your cattlya orchid look beautiful. Your harvest not bad la..esp the lettuce and I see your mulberry fruits too! Have a good weekend!

kitchen flavours said...

Congratulations on your harvest. And the seeds too! Your sunflowers are doing great! I have not started on the sunflowers yet!

Malay-Kadazan girl said...

That is a very good harvest and I believe more to come to your kitchen from your garden. How exciting that the sunflower has bloom now. I am glad the seeds have arrived and hope you have heaps fun with it.

Bangchik and Kakdah said...

Mammoth sunflower seeds... I bet they will shoot up 8 feet into the sky. Our sunflowers are lining up beside Ulam Raja. They will burst open in a matter of days.... Cheers ~ bangchik

Terriea Kwong said...

Thanks Milka for your sweet comments on my blog of bags. 你太過獎啦, 你的家居花鳥田園給我很多靈感呢! 你的中文了得! 好勁! I'm going to Kuala Lumpur for the Livable Cities Summit next week and excited to see KL.

Malar said...

Hope to see a lot of baby seedling with the seeds!
That's handful of harvest. Happy working!

Open Kitchen Concept said...

That salad bowl of stuff is from your garden! Woah! That's amazing. You are good... I also wanted to let you know.. I love the blog links from your blog.. I enjoyed all the blogs a lot!