Thursday, March 17, 2011

Back from timbaktu

I apologize for not being around often these days. Issues with my computer, issues with my workers, issues with my family and issues at work are driving me crazy. Stress stress STRESS. I was sick for one whole week. Severe headache plus fever, suspected dengue but luckily the blood test was negative. It could be just my mind that needs a break, i guess? Haha.

I finally had strength to walk out to the garden yesterday and took some pics. Question: Ay, how come my plants grow even better without my care?
Haha.

Gardenias are blooming


Roses are blooming


Carrots and daikon are doing fine too


And i see hope- new leaves!- growing out from the half bald tree (yeah~)


One welcome me back with these... seeds! I found them on my very messy office table when i back to work yesterday.
See the packing? Awww, so kawaiiiiii (cute).
Thank you, One!


Meanwhile, i'm still moving like a kame here. There are still issues waiting to be settled. Please forgive me if i have not visited your blog lately. I'll be back to active, very soon... i hope.

Praying for Japan. And always for Rayyan.


12 comments:

One said...

I love your Gardenias. I should add something sweet and pleasant like that in my garden.

All your photos are very pretty. The last one is so kawaii.

Take your time to visit. Sometimes we need to slow down.

p3chandan said...

Timbaktu? Wah so far la Milka! Anyway, glad to hear from you again, I thought you are sick...dont get stressed out too much, a bit never mind :) Such lovely roses and gardenia..emmm can smell those sweet fragrance from here! Take it easy Milka, get well soon...

Open Kitchen Concept said...

I'm sorry you were sick! And stressed! I've been stressed out too and work - I do need a break as well.. Anyway, the plants look beautiful! How do you grow carrots in our climate!!?

Terriea Kwong said...

Your garden is so pretty. Glad that the tree is leafy now. Love the pure Gardeniars. Is it of very pleasant fragrance? Seems like the one we have here. Sorry for your sickness. 小病是褔. Take care my dear.

Malay-Kadazan girl said...

I am glad you are feeling much better now. Sekali-kala have to rest, I thought you did plan to go somewhere for a vacation. All your plants are doing so well. Your daikon very healthy mine so small just over a week old. First time saw very healthy carrot growing from Malaysia garden. Wah very cute seed packets kwee peng gave you.

Chloe m said...

I think it is good to take a break once in awhile to stop and smell the flowers etc. Your Gardenias would be especially soothing, I love that scent!
Take it easy and don't worry about "keeping up" with your blog .IT's your and no time pressure when it's your very own.

Terriea Kwong said...

Thanks Milka for the sweet comments on my blog. All items I made are only giveaways. As have made too many I did hold once a charity sale and donated all proceeds to Oxfam to help proverty in China. Love to invite you to view the shots http://www.flickr.com/photos/40765196@N05/sets/72157622631991482/detail/

Bangchik and Kakdah said...

I hope things get on well with you... but the lovely gardenia and roses will heal stresses. They are natural healers!

Journey of My Gardening said...

Glad you are feeling better. The flowers are lovely. The beauty of blogging and gardening is therapeutic for stress. No wonder that's the first thing you did after recovering from your sickness :-)

Autumn Belle said...

Milka, I'm glad you are okay now. So sorry to hear about your sickness. Seeing all those beauties in your garden will help to refresh your mind and spirit. When I was grounded for 1 week due to chicken pox (from my dear son), my whole calamansi plant was balded by caterpillars!

Matron said...

I'll be interested to see how your daikon develops. I've never grown them but I always see them in the market.

Rosie Gan said...

I have missed you. Hope everything is fine now. Your plants are really looking good. Keep your spirits up, my dear girl.
Rosie